The event kicks off with a spirited evening dinner event on Monday, June 18, 6:30 pm at The Sheraton Steamboat Resort where attendees will see some exciting new changes this year, including;
- passed champagne
- an exciting array of new cuisine options (passed and buffet style)
- a gallery of beautiful artwork, to view and purchase, from local artists, hospice staff and volunteers whose artwork truly represents the spirit of hospice
- a popular raffle drawing for spectacular vacation get-aways, including:
- 6 night/7 day stay at the “House by the Sparkling Sea” in Kehena, Hawaii;
- 2 night stay in the Kiva Lodge at the newly-remodeled Gateway Canyons Resort in Gateway, Colorado; and
- 3 night stay in a private home and golf for 4 (2 rounds) at Stone Canyon Golf Club in Tucson, Arizona
- Live auction with auctioneer Jim Swiggart for
- ExperiencePlus! bicycle tour certificate valued at $3,500 dollars
- “No Apparent Excuses” 48×48 Acrylic, metallic and ink on canvas artwork by Jan Maret Willman valued at $2500
- “Rainbow Ridge” 32X40″ framed photograph by Rod Hanna valued at $1200
The next morning, a golf tournament is held at the exclusive Catamount Ranch & Club with registration at 8:00 am and a shotgun start at 9:00 am.
Sponsorships are still available starting at $100. Dinner tickets are $60 per ticket and include 1 raffle ticket each. Additional raffle tickets can be purchased at the dinner event for $10 per ticket or $100 or 12 tickets.
The Hospice Celebration of Life supports Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association’s Hospice and Palliative Care Program. VNA’s compassionate, quality care enables terminally ill community members to approach the end of life with dignity and comfort in their own homes or at our Rollingstone Respite House. In 2011, VNA provided care to 69 terminally ill patients and bereavement counseling and support to more than 300 grieving family members (including children).
“We are in our 19th year of this event, and we decided to make some exciting changes that we know our attendees are going to enjoy,” said Dervla Lacy, Director of Development. “This is a heartwarming and celebratory night for all of us.”